I'm such a (coffee) charmer

by Andrea Mulder-Slater

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love coffee.

In fact, I love it so much I once ended up with a holter monitor strapped to my body for several days to find out the source of my "heart problems."

My symptoms were frightening -  and entirely preventable. I had palpitations, a buzzy vibrating feeling in my arms, full body jitters and an impending sense of doom.

"You really should cut down on the coffee," was the medical advice I received.

My doctor was right.

Fortunately, I became pregnant not much later and my coffee addiction was brought under control as I made a pact with myself not to imbibe any caffeine while with child.

That's when my coffee painting really gained momentum.

I had already been painting with coffee, literally, for a number of years but as I weaned myself off the stuff, I started not only painting with coffee, but also painting images of coffee. I also painted pictures of sweet, gooey cupcakes - but that's another story...


I'm much better now. My daughter is 2-1/2 and I still haven't fallen off the coffee wagon, much. I only drink one caffeinated coffee a day - sometimes less. But I do still paint with coffee and, I've come up with something that I think will appeal to other coffee connoisseurs like me. I figure there must be at least a few of us out there.

These new little paintings are what I like to call, "Coffee Charms". They are original works of art, 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" in size. They come in an magnetic acrylic frame and are packaged in a real, honest-to-goodness coffee bag. I have six currently available and will be making more as the days go by.





No, really.