I had a crazy idea...

by Andrea Mulder-Slater

Late last year I had a crazy idea. To be truthful, I had quite a few of them, but one in particular is worth sharing. I decided to paint - or draw - a coffee cup a day. Every day. All year long.

And nobody stopped me. 

So, this year, my goal is to paint or draw three hundred and sixty-five coffee cups. Or tea cups. Because I'm not picky about subject matter. I do however draw the line at cats. I won't be painting three hundred and sixty-five cats this year. Or lobsters. Or about a billion other things. But I plan to paint three hundred and sixty-five coffee cups. YOUR coffee cups. Or tea cups, because as we've already established, I'm not picky...

Whether or not I'll actually achieve my goal remains to be seen. Talk to me in July.

But for now, here it is, February 1st and guess what? I've got thirty-one coffee cups to show you.

I'm selling the acrylic on canvas paintings (unframed but ready to hang) for $45.00 and the drawings (matted and framed) for $50.00.

To those who have sent me a photo of your coffee/tea cup, THANK YOU! To those who have yet to send me a photo of your coffee/tea cup, the email address is contact@jareaart.com. By sending me your photos, you are NOT obligated to buy the artwork - I just need the material :)



#ACoffeeADay


Each of the paintings (colourful backgrounds) are 6" x 6", acrylic on canvas. Each of the drawings (white backgrounds) are 6" x 6", coloured pencil and ink on acid-free paper.

To see individual photos, head on over to my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/andreamulderslater and stay tuned for my February paintings!

No, really.