Day 1 - 365 Days of Art

by Andrea Mulder-Slater

Jantje and I have decided to get more creative. Hard to imagine that this is possible (I know) but there you have it...

We are following a "plan" which will result in 365 works of art being created in a 365 day period. These works will range in size, subject, style and media.

Will we succeed? Who knows. I haven't set my hopes too high since it has taken exactly 3.5 days for me to create and blog about my Day 1 project. Either way, this experiment will no doubt result in some material (fantastic or otherwise) for future blogs.

DAY 1

Create something that fits in the palm of your hand using materials within your immediate enviroment.

I had a small (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") watercolor trading card sized pieces of paper, some coffee, a paintbrush and some markers handy, and this is the result.

Until tomorrow (or whenever Day 2 comes along...)

No, really.