I've got household bugs, filthy teeth and a flying insect issue

by Andrea Mulder-Slater

I tend to rant on about a variety of topics. I'm not sure at this point how many of you care but according to my reader stats, I am big in Mexico... and Latvia. OlĂ©! I'd include an appropriate Latvian phrase here but the only one I know is suudu ruukis which, I've come to learn, means "poo dwarf" when translated, and that's just not relevant at all.

Never mind.  The important thing is that to help fuel my ranting habit, I have some Google ads on my blog in the hopes that I will one day build up enough spare change to be able to buy myself a cup of coffee - maybe even a latte.

But, here's the thing. Google is smart and their ads are clever too -- which is why words like this appear next to my posts. 

This makes me laugh but also feel a little bit squirmy. It's like high school all over again, "Hi, my name is Andrea, nice to meet you. I've got household bugs, filthy teeth and a flying insect issue. Wanna dance?"

Sigh. It's been that kind of a day.

Oh yeah and Jan and I bought a car this afternoon. Geoff was as surprised as the salesman.
 
Geoff: I thought you were just getting snow tires.

Me We bought a car instead.

GeoffDid you bring it home? Did you test drive it? What kind is it?

Me: Not yet. No, we didn't. And... blue. Dark blue.

Geoff: I don't even know you anymore.

It seemed like a rational thing to do. After all, we got stuck in the snow three times in the last two days, and we've only had one storm this year. True, new tires could have solved our problem but the way I see it, new tires on the old car would have set us back around $800. The new car has new tires - so, we saved ourselves nearly a thousand bucks.

Ole!
 
No, really.